1. When did you start playing basketball?
I started playing in 2011, when I was ten years old.
2. For which teams did you play?
Almere pioneers and CBA Apollo.
3. Do you have any siblings?
Yes, I have an older brother. He’s 18 years old right now.
4. Are you a better basketball player than your sibling?
Yes, I just have more experience than he does cause he isn’t playing very long yet, but he is still a real competitor for me to play against.
5. What does your daily routine looks like?
I wake up in the morning then I eat breakfast and get ready for school. I always go to school with the bus. After school, I eat again, do some homework. Sometimes I have practice with my team after my homework. If not, I always do things that I enjoy. Like gaming or do some basketball shooting for myself. I find that very relaxing as well. Around 7pm I have dinner with my family and after that, I finish my homework or chill and watch a movie or something. Then at 11 o’clock, I get ready for bed and go to sleep.
6. How many hours a week do you spend in the basketball practice?
Like 8 hours at the club and then maybe a few more extra for myself at a court in the neighbourhood.
7. What mindset keeps you motivated all this time?
That I can be an example for people to look up to. So I can show them that anything is possible if you want it.
8. What gets you pumped up before a game?
Most of the time I’m already pumped up before a game. It depends on what kind of game it is. (Final, Semi-Final, etc.)
9. Do you have a favourite game in your career?
No, not really. Of course the playoffs and finals are the best, but I see every game the same, to me there are no differences.
10.What is your career-high?
My career high is 44.
11. Do you have some favourite rivals or rival teams in the Dutch league?
I think Harlem Lakers because we’re both from Amsterdam, so there is always a rivalry.
12. What are your off-season plans?
Get stronger physically. I also want to work on my game physically but also mentally and technically.
13. Where do you see yourself in two years?
College Division 1 in the USA.
14. You were recently selected as a Jordan brand player, what was that like?
It was great to be named one of the best players from my age in Europe. It motivates me a lot, because to me Europe is just the beginning.
15. What was the competition like?
It was more physical, and the game tempo was higher. I enjoyed to be able to challenge myself against those guys.
16. Do you think this will get you one step closer to college?
I’m pretty sure it does. I know there are always college scouts at that kind of events, and I felt like I showed myself off in a good way.
17. Do you have a favourite college you’d like to play for?
I don’t have a favourite.
18. What basketball league do you prefer? (NBA, NCAA, Euroleague, others)?
NBA, of course!
19. Do you have a favourite NBA team?
20. Do you have a favourite NBA player?
21. Did you ever meet a NBA player?
Yes, I’ve met Ray Allen at the Jordan brand classic.
22. Cavs or Warriors for the championship?
23. What do you want to tell people who want to play pro basketball?
I want to tell them to never give up on your dream, and always be hungry for more. Work hard, dream big and everything will come your way.
24. What is your ultimate goal?
My ultimate goal is to play NBA basketball. I want to bring something to the NBA, that nobody did before. I also want to be one of the better players. I want to be an example for kids that have got the same dream as I do.