It’s almost christmas time! I love this time of year. Being with friends and family and eating delicious food gives me such a cozy feeling. Want to steal the show this christmas? Check out this recipe!
It’s a beautiful dish and quick to make. So instead of spending hours in the kitchen on christmas day you can enjoy the company of your family and friends.
• 2 acorn squash, seeded and cut into wedges
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons honey, and some to top the dish off
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
• Salt, to taste
• Pepper, to taste
• 2-3 balls burrata
• Extra virgin olive oil to top the dish off
• 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
• 1/2 cup roasted, salted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
1. Preheat the oven to 220 celcius (425 degrees F).
2. Place the squash, butter, honey, brown sugar and crushed red pepper flakes on a baking platter and add salt and pepper to tast. Toss around to make sure all the squash is coated. Put the dish in the oven and roast it for 30-40 minutes, until the squash is golden and tender. Don’t forget to turn the squash halfway through cooking.
3. Arrange the squash on a serving platter and break the balls of burrata over the top. Sprinkle some olive oil and season the burrata with salt and pepper. Top the dish off with the sage, hazelnuts, pomegranate and a few drips of honey.
Enjoy and have a smashing christmas!