This is definitely the best mustard chicken recipe I have ever tried. It’s a one pan dish with tender chicken, red potatoes and green beans, or even better with French beans. The meat and veggies are covered with the sweetness from the honey and spiciness from the mustards, they complement each other perfectly.
Ingredients (4-5 servings)
4-5 chicken thighs, with or without skin
1-1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons water
500 g baby red potatoes, quartered
250 g green beans or French beans
1-2 twigs of rosemary (optional)
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C | 400°F
2. Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Heat the olive oil in an oven-proof pan over medium-high heat. Then sear each side of the chicken tights for about 3 minutes, until they become golden brown. Leave 2 tablespoons of the chicken juice in the pan and pour out any excess.
4. Fry the garlic in the same pan with the chicken for 1 minute. Add the honey, both mustards and water to the pan. Mixed and make sure all the chicken is cover with this finger licking good tasty sauce. 5. Add the potatoes and toss around to make sure they’re all coated with the sauce.
Season with salt and pepper and let the honey mustard sauce simmer for 2 minutes. Then place the pan in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Take out the oven after 30 minutes and add the green or French beans. Mix through to cover them with the sauce. Put the pan back in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are completely cooked.