That lovely Autumnal crisp is finally in the air and as we slowly progress into the holiday season comfort foods are a must. The apple is a classic Autumnal fruit and has many health benefits. “An apple a day will keep the doctor away” as the Welsh proverb clearly states. Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants and dietary fibers. They’re known for lowering cholesterol levels which helps reduce the risk of heart disease. The high vitamin C count also boosts your immune system lowering the chance of catching a bad cold during the colder seasons. This apple pie smoothie bowl recipe will instantly put you in the mood for fall.
– 40 grams of raw cashews
– 200 milliliters of non-fat Greek yogurt
– 1 large red apple, cored and chopped
– 60 milliliters of fresh apple cider
– 2 dates, pitted and chopped
– 1/4 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/8 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
– 1/8 tablespoon of ground ginger
– Chopped apple
– Granola or nuts
1. Place the cashews in a small bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak at room temperature for about 1 hour, then drain them.
2. Add the soaked cashews to your blender along with all the other smoothie ingredients. Blend the mixture until smooth and pour into a bowl.
3. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!