It’s finally Summertime, which means hanging out at the beach, kicking back in the park, spending time with your friends and eating tons of ice cream. Sadly that last one isn’t exactly part of your healthy diet. Luckily for you, we found a deliciously healthy, vegan ice cream recipe that has less than half the fats and calories you’ll find in store-bought ice creams and consists of multiple superfood ingredients. It’s fun to make and you can enjoy the Summertime without losing your Summer body. So let’s start cooking!
– 1 tablespoon of kale powder
– 1 tablespoon of matcha powder
– 1 ½ teaspoons of arrowroot starch
– 120 ml of unsweetened almond milk
– 60 ml of honey
– 1 can (400ml) of full-fat coconut milk
– 8 grams of chopped fresh mint
– 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tsp zest
1. Combine the kale powder, matcha powder, and arrowroot starch in a small bowl.
2. Warm the unsweetened almond milk in a small pot and whisk in the powders to make a smooth paste.
3. In a blender or food processor, blend the honey, coconut milk, and mint. Add the unsweetened almond milk mix and puree until combined and smooth.
4. Lastly add the lime juice and zest and pulse together.
5. freeze overnight and enjoy!