Summer is finally coming, so we don’t want any time wasted to not enjoy the sunshine! The poké bowl is a quick, healthy and justified dish; originally from Hawaii. This popular dish exists out of a combination of rice, a lot of raw veggies and fish. The variations are endless!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 200 basmati rice (75-100 gr p.p.)
- 250 salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 spring onions
- 1 avocado
- half cucumber
- 2 carrots
- wakame (seaweed salad)
- white and black sesame seeds
- Cook the rice as said on the package.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces.
- Chop the spring onions in small rings.
- Make a marinade from the sesame oil, the soy sauce and the spring onions and mingle the salmon in the marinade. Put this covered in the refrigerator (if you prefer, you can bake the salmon).
- Chop the rest of the veggies as well.
- Fill the bowls with the rice, the salmon, the wakame and vegetables.
- Last but not least, sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of the poké bowls.
You can vary with ingredients and add every vegetable you want! Tip: try it with pumpkin and soybeans.