Proteins stabilize your blood sugar levels, regulate your appetite, boost your energy levels, reduce brain fog, improve your ability to learn and concentrate. The list of benefits goes on and on! Do you workout often? Then proteins definitely is your best friend! They help to grow and repair all cells in your body and maintain lean muscles. Give those muscles a protein booster with this delicious and high in protein recipe!
Ingredients (+- 1 cup)
1 can chickpeas
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast (or Parmesan)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 230 celsius (450 degrees F)
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then pat them dry.
3. Combine the chickpeas, oil, and seasonings in a small mixing bowl. Mix until all the chickpeas are evenly coated. Put the chickpeas onto a baking sheet and covered with aluminum foil. Shake gently until the chickpeas are in one layer.
4. Put the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes. Toss around and roast for another 10-15 minutes until they are nice golden and beginning to brown.
5. Turn off the oven, open the oven door, and let the chickpeas cool in there for another 20 minutes. This will keep them crispier.
Serve as a snack or toss into a salad!