Just because Summer has come to an end doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy a fresh and healthy salad. We selected a delicious and very autumnal salad, finished off with a maple cider vinaigrette. This salad is a great side dish to complement a Sunday roast or just to eat on it’s own for lunch.
– 280 grams of baby spinach- 3 small apples
– 150 grams of pecans (toasted)
– 400 grams of crumbled feta cheese
– 75 grams of dried cranberries
– 340 grams of crumbled bacon
– half a small red onion
–120 milliliter olive oil
– 60 milliliter apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
– 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
– 1/4 tablespoon of salt- 1/4 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk till all the ingredients are blended together.
1. Cut the red onion into slices, place them in a colander and run under warm water for about 10 seconds to remove hash bite. Make sure to drain them well afterwards.
2. Cut the apples into slices and toss them in a salad bowl with the spinach, pecans, feta, cranberries, bacon and red onion. Give the salad a good hustle to mix all of the ingredients.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad to taste and hustle the bowl to coat the salad evenly.