Recipe of The Week – Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
Peanut butter is one of the most beloved spreads across the globe. At some point or another, your mother must have told you to eat your peanut butter sandwich, so you’ll grow healthy and strong, and she wasn’t wrong. Peanut butter is full of healthy proteins and oils that help lower the risk of many health issues, for example, heart disease. Peanut butter also contains fibers for your bowel health, magnesium to fortify your bones and muscles, Vitamin E and antioxidants. This smoothie recipe is super easy to make and a great way to fill up in the morning or before a work-out.
– 1 Banana
– 1 Tablespoon of Organic Peanut Butter
– 2 Tablespoons of Ground Flaxseeds
– 1/2 Tablespoon of Honey
– 180 Milliliters of Soy Milk
1. Peel the banana and slice it up into pieces so they will blend smoothly.
2. Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth for about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture into a glass or mason jar and enjoy!
You can also use this smoothie as a base for a peanut butter smoothie bowl. Pour the mixture into a bowl and top with your favourite nuts, seeds, fruits and flax for a healthy breakfast.