- 500 grams of sweet potatoes
- 500 grams of Maris Piper potatoes
- 2 red onions
- olive oil
- a bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 fresh red chilli
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and Maris Pipers, then chop them up into 2cm chunks. Parboil (partly boil, so not all the way through) in a large pan with boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain the water from the pan and let the potatoes steam dry.
2. Whilst the potatoes are steam drying, peel and slice the onion in fine pieces.
3. Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until it's starting to soften, keep stirring regularly.
4. Put in the thyme leaves and black pepper into the pan, then add all the potatoes and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Squash and turn the potatoes regularly with a spatula.
5. Deseed and finely slice the Chili pepper and scatter over the hash for some extra edge, then serve right away.